Saturday, July 25, 2009

Part 2 - First day in Cagliari

Their Fiat pulled over in front of a 3 stories, dainty - contemporary bungalow, located on top of a hill. Exquisite bungalows with its own unique designs are to be seen around the neighborhood. It’s as though standing in front of the rich and famous. At some point, I can glimpse partly of the suburbia and the scenic glistening sea waters. It was an astonishing view.



I was invited into the house, Simone, their Bullmastiff were constantly barking and wagging its tail welcoming me whilst walking towards their home. Simone was huge; I never came upon a dog that immense where I hailed from. I was petrified and simultaneously wanting to pat him. I didn’t get to pat him. My host mother, Margarita – a doctor, ushered me inside her house.


It was cozy and warm inside the house. Isabella, my host sister – a high school student, showed me to my room which was on the loft. I had my own room. I possess my own study table, my comfy bed and a closet and a funky radio. It was too perfect to be true. I usually sleep with my sister back at home. Now I get a hold to have my own room! The room comes along with a perfect view.


Lunch was prepared after they showed me around the house, Antonio, my good looking-host brother – A law student, came home for lunch. We sat on the dining table and started our conversation. They are very passionate and enthusiast where I came form. I was filled with incertitude questioned of curiosity. Bare in mind they don’t really speak English. They rendered me a dictionary and that was how I communicate with my family. We had language barriers. Dictionary was like part of my limbs.


My first day in Cagliari was superb. I would normally hang out with Marge and Isa, Ant was busy with his studies. Dusk came, Marge took Isa and I for a ride in Quartu Saint Elena. The town was pleasant, again may be the illuminating lights did some trick that brought my attention. It was breathtaking. We roamed in the town, ate dinner and had some creamy gelatos. There were ample of stores selling cute, rugged, and erstwhile to fine merchandise. Clothing stored and bistros were everywhere.


It was all worth while for flying miles and leaving my loving family. It was an awesome experience and cognition knowledge, a cultural memes that will remain unforgotten in my whole life.

Continue…




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin