Saturday, August 29, 2009

Meeting Gabriella in Bangkok...

Floating marketImage via Wikipedia


I am happy that after 10 years of writing snail mails and email I finally get to reunite with one of my school mates from Italy. Gabriella and her mom fly all the way from Italy to visit me in Bangkok. It is hard for me to express my feeling. I feel honored to have them and to meet them in Bangkok after all these years.


They were in Bangkok for 2 days staying in Reno Hotel which is just opposite to the National Stadium BTS station, nearby to where I live. It is also located opposite MBK and the rate is as cheap as 1200 Baht per night. Reno has its own swimming pool and its convenience. I would say it’s a 2-3 star budget hotel.


I guided them to the canals where we were to travel like the local Thais. We visited Wat Arun, travel along the canals, visiting the city by the local BTS. Then do a little shopping in MBK.


On the second day, they arranged themselves with the hotel travel agent for a short day trip to a floating market in Damnoen Saduak. I did not traveled along as it was way too early in the morning. They wake up at 5 am then travel up north of Bangkok city to Damnoen Saduk.. After their trip in the floating market, they went for the elephant and crocodile show. We met for dinner that day in HaChiBan Ramen then shop a little at a small Talad at the overhead bridge in MBK. This small talad can only be seen at around 9 pm.


Continue….



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin